The Armenian National Committee of the United Kingdom (ANC UK) is a grassroots political organisation that actively advances the concerns of British Armenians to politicians at all levels of government in the United Kingdom on a wide range of issues.
The main goals of the ANC UK are:
- To foster public awareness in support of a free, united and independent Armenia;
- To influence and guide UK policy on matters of interest to the British Armenian community; and
- To represent the collective British Armenian viewpoint on matters of public policy, while serving as liaison between the community and their elected officials.
The ANC UK is active in a number of areas and engages in a wide variety of political activities, such as:
- Endorsing candidates for Parliamentary and local elections;
- Educating incumbent and prospective Members of Parliament on issues of importance to British Armenians; and
- Encouraging legislative activities such as Early Day Motions and debates on issues of concern to the British Armenian community, such as strengthening Armenia as a secure, prosperous and democratic state; supporting Nagorno Karabagh’s right to self-determination and independence within secure borders; increasing aid levels to Armenia to promote economic and democratic development; securing direct aid to Nagorno Karabagh; ensuring the appropriate commemoration of the Armenian Genocide; and encouraging Turkey and Azerbaijan to lift their blockades and adhere to international standards for human rights and humanitarian practices.